After launching with a sold-out tribute to Wes Montgomery in January, jazz impresario Todd Barkan has assembled a stellar and eclectic winter lineup for his new series, Todd Barkan Presents Keystone Korner Nights at The Iridium. Barkan, one of the world’s most celebrated jazz concert and record producers, will present 100 shows at The Iridium in 2013 based on the adventurous spirit of his legendary San Francisco jazz club Keystone Korner, site of countless historic recordings by artists including Miles Davis, McCoy Tyner, Grover Washington, Jr., and Bill Evans among others. Check out a clip from opening night here, and see below for upcoming shows in the new series:
- February 17 – The powerhouse quartet of Dezron Douglas, Cyrus Chestnut, Neal Smith, and Sean Jones (along with some very special guests) present a high energy night of Keystone swing.
- February 20 – The O’Farrill Family Band featuring Arturo O’Farrill, Adam O’Farrill, Zack O’Farrill, Livio Almeida & Boris Kozlov celebrate the Zoho Records launch of their new album, ‘Sensing Flight.’
- February 25 – Iridium favorite Bucky Pizzarelli presents a night of guitar acrobatics with the Bucky Pizzarelli All Stars.
- February 27 – Pete Levin returns with his quintet, featuring Lew Soloff, Howard Johnson, Lenny White, & John Clark, to mark the release of his new live album recorded at the club last year and released on the venue’s own audiophile label, IridiumLive.
- March 1-3 – The Nicholas Payton XXX with Lenny White and Vicente Archer hit The Iridium to celebrate the release of their new album.
- March 13-16 – Brazilian Jazz All-Stars – Jazz Samba & Jobim: Hear the joyous and deeply lyrical sound of Jazz Samba by some of the premier Brazilian jazz players in the world, including Romero Lubambo, Claudio Roditi, Duduka DaFonseca, Helio Alves, Maucha Adnet, and Hans Glawischnig.
- March 17 – The internationally renowned Horacio “El Negro” Hernandez, the number one Cuban jazz drummer in the world, takes his high-intensity Latin jazz excursions into uncharted territory with the Italuba Quartet.
- April 3 – Sherrie Maricle & The Diva Jazz Orchestra, the phenomenal and hard-swinging all-women jazz big band, kick off their 30th Anniversary with an explosive night at the Iridium.
Stay tuned for more info and additional shows in the series.
1650 Broadway (51st)
New York, NY
For a complete calendar of events at the Iridium, visit: http://www.theiridium.com/calendar